Unit: Consulting Services
Nature of Engagement: Full Time (Contract based)
Advert for the Position of Consulting Associate
Development Links Consult (DLC) is a growing consultancy firm registered in Uganda (Certificate number 87195) operating in full compliance with all the legal and other statutory regulations for corporate entities in Uganda. Our niche is development management, with a bias in child protection and rights. In a bid to serve our growing client base, DLC intends to recruit a Consulting Associate.
Purpose of the position
To support the Consulting Services Manager in ensuring that DLC Consultancy assignments are executed efficiently and meet the required consulting quality standards.
Specific tasks and duties
1. Support the Consulting Services Manager and Associate Consultants in preparing quality and timely technical and financial bids for consultancy work.
2. Prepare inception reports for successful consultancy bids
3. Prepare and or review research and data collection instruments
4. Coordinate and facilitate training for research teams.
5. Undertake and coordinate data collection
6. Supervise data management. This includes data tracking, cleaning and coding.
7. Prepare draft reports, including literature review and revision of reports to address the comments of the lead consultants and the clients
8. Proofread and edit draft reports prepared by other team members
9. Prepare and make presentations during inception and validation meetings
Candidates should hold at least a Master’s Degree in a social development discipline. Holders of a bachelor’s degree in a social development, research or statistics with exceptional work experience of at least three years may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
Required core technical competency
Demonstrable theoretical understanding and practical experience in designing and undertaking research and evaluation studies. The candidate must have a strong hands-on skill in research methodology, and in using Microsoft Office Word and Excel for analysing data and preparing reports. The applicant must also demonstrate strong document formatting skills. Hands-on skills in any statistical package for data analysis are an added advantage.
Required thematic competency
At least three years of continuous experience in designing and implementing human rights and governance projects, preferably in a research, policy analysis and or advocacy role in the civil society sector.
Essential basic competencies
1. Exceptional writing skills necessary to thrive in a consulting role.
2. Conceptualisation and analysis
3. Sourcing, synthesizing, and presenting information
4. Self-drive with the ability to work with minimal supervision
5. Attention to the timeliness and quality of work outputs
Applicants are invited to an application letter and curriculum vitae that demonstrates their suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications shall be received until the position is filled.
DLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified women and men to apply.