At the heart of DLC’s work is a deep rooted understanding that children and young people are our future and form more than half of our population. We are aware and are part of the global effort towards achieving a systems approach to child protection that should deliver holistic and integrated outcomes for children.
DLC supports organisations to understand children’s rights and responsibilities, their operational context and how to programme within the context, including enlisting the participation of children. Our well researched facts about the situation of children as well as our experience and passion about child protection enable us to contribute to the national level policy and programmatic decision making. Our specific consulting areas in child protection include:
- Mapping and assessing child protection systems at national and community levels
- Training on child rights/child protection issues and developing child safe organisations.
- Development and review of child protection policies
- Research on child protection issues
- Conducting consultations with children on child protection issues
- Tailor-made lectures and modules for various stakeholders, including students, practitioners and researchers in child protection issues.